Eskrima, Arnis, Kali is a traditional martial arts system from the Philippines that emphasises weapons based fighting techniques using sticks and various improvised weapons. It includes hand to hand combat and weapon disarming techniques using kicks and drills. It is expressly designed to teach students to move quickly, act and think fast & experiment with variations while remaining safe. Students learn a specific series of attacks, counters and counter attacks. As they advance minor variations are added, such as changing footwork, or switching to completely different attacks. Eventually the exercise becomes almost completely freestyle.
Benefits of Eskrima:
- Respect and self confidence through a structured approach
- Motor and problem solving skills
- Self defense skills
- Teaches student to move quickly and fluidly and to act and think fast.
- The importance of a healthy attitude towards fitness, themselves and others.
- The importance of ensuring that you employ the appropriate degree of self control and discipline at all times.
All Active offers Eskrima classes for:
- Children aged 12 years and older.
- Teens and young adults.
- Adults wanting to improve their fitness.
All Active Martial Arts offers a wide range of self defense and fitness programs to suit the needs of our junior and intermediate students from all demographics. For more information on our Eskrima, Arnis, Kali classes in Epping VIC, contact us.
“The instructors display proficiency, friendliness, and professionalism. The teaching strategy the instructors implement are practical, comprehensible, and are worth great recognition. AAMA offers diversity in terms of Martial Art styles, and continues to strive further in development!”
– Mustafa Mesli, 17/1/15
“A completely different look at martial arts. It's a great way to test yourself and what you're capable of, Eskrima will test your limits.”
– Brett Em, 4/6/14